Simple Way To Verify Pinterest On WordPress.org
Verify Your Site Using Pinterest Meta Tag
If you are receiving error or 404 message after verifying your site through upload method, try the below steps and hopefully it will work on your end as well. Verifying my site on WordPress.org was easy as 1-2-3 using Pinterest Meta Tag.
1. Login to your Pinterest account
2. On your profile, click on the pencil in the bottom-right corner of the box
3. Enter your website and then click Verify Website
4. Click the verify with a meta tag
5. New window will pop up, copy the whole meta tag and go to your dashboard, click a) appearance, b) editor, c) header on the right hand side, d) paste the whole meta tag under <head> and e) update file.
6. Go back to Pinterest and click Verify Domain Link. A verification check mark should appear now next to your site.
Please do tell us on whatever the outcome of your site verification on Pinterest through meta tag using the above steps.
Just in case above steps won’t work on your site, I suggest you to try other ways and means at wordpress.org like this one: http://wordpress.org/plugins/pinterest-verify-meta-tag/