How To Cook A Tasty Chayote With Egg Recipe
The Chayote With Egg Goodness
I still can’t forget when my colleague remarked about chayote, that it has nothing good in it, health wise. And that it is just a watery kind of veg like the eggplant, which only comes tasteful when cooked with egg. I’d say, no and yes. No, because chayote is one of the most nutritious fruits, which belongs to the family Cucurbitaceae. And yes, because cooking it with egg is indeed delicious.
In my home country the Philippines, chayote can be found in any market at a very cheap price. Here in Dubai, you can find these also in any south-east-asian friendly supermarkets like the West Zone. It’s just that a piece of chayote here is way way more expensive. These are produce from Holland.
To make use of this unpopular fruit, here are the steps on how to cook a tasty chayote (which is also known as christophene or christophine, cho-cho, cidra).
2 pieces Chayote
3/4 cloves of garlic
1 ripe tomato (sliced)
1 onion (diced)
salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
thyme (to taste)
4 tablespoons of cooking oil
Cut it into half and slice it thinly
Wash with water to remove sap
1. on a hot skillet, put 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
2. pour the beaten eggs first with tomato and half of the sliced onion
3. sprinkle with salt
4. when cooked, keep it aside
1. using the same emptied skillet, put 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
2. sauté garlic and onion till brown
3. then put all the sliced chayote, little amount of pepper & thyme, mix and cover for 2 minutes on medium heat
4. add the cooked scrambled egg
5. mix and serve hot
There goes your tasty Chayote with egg. Can be eaten as a lone dish or a side dish. Best eaten in the morning with bread and coffee too. Enjoy your day with this easy to follow cooking steps for that Vitamin C enriched Chayote with egg recipe.
Don’t forget to share this post to your family and friends to enjoy the goodness of Chayote. Follow and like us on social media too.